The street cleaning – clean city service (VVP) will be present at the City of Geneva’s ecopoints in order to provide the population with information about sorting waste and good recycling practices. The issues addressed will include the disposal of bulky waste, urban cleanliness and the “Déchets Genève” app.
To ensure greater proximity with the population, a number of the City’s employees will be on-site to answer residents’ questions about sorting waste, with a view to fostering dialogue and facilitating direct contact between citizens and public employees. The public will be able to ask a range of questions to help improve recycling or the cleanliness of their neighbourhood.
The health recommendations will, of course, be respected by maintaining the minimum distance required between the people present and ensuring that the municipal employees wear a mask.
More specifically, 12 meetings with the public will be organised during the months of September and October at the busiest ecopoints on both sides of the lake. A partnership has been established with PET-Recycling Switzerland (PRS) for this operation. PRS will also be present through its ambassadors, who will answer questions about the recycling of PET bottles and plastic in general.
The meetings with the public in the different districts will take place on the following dates, regardless of the weather:
- Wednesday 16 September: place de la Navigation and rue Prévost-Martin 39 (4 p.m. to 7 p.m.);
- Saturday 19 September: boulevard Carl-Vogt 6 and avenue Wendt 60 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.);
- Wednesday 23 September: place du Pré-l'Evêque and avenue d'Aïre 100 (4 p.m. to 7 p.m.),
- Saturday 26 September: chemin Moïse-Duboule 8 et route de Florissant 50 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.);
- Wednesday 30 September: rue des Charmilles 23 and Promenade de Saint-Antoine 8 (4 p.m. to 7 p.m.);
- Saturday 3 October: rue de Jargonnant 5 and rue de Montchoisy (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
Article modifié le 22.09.2020 à 10:32