On Friday 18 September, the municipal police force will organise its first “coffee with a police officer” in eight café-restaurants or tea-rooms in the City of Geneva.
“The aim is to meet the inhabitants in their neighbourhoods, offering them an additional opportunity to discuss their security concerns,” explains Marie Barbey-Chappuis, Administrative Councillor responsible for the Department of Security and Sport.
This type of informal meeting in a local centre of community life fosters dialogue between the public and the police. “Some inhabitants will more readily meet a police officer in a café rather than at the police station,” explains Christine Camp, Chief of the Municipal Police. “It also allows the municipal police to detect a certain number of problems at an early stage and implement solutions before the situation degenerates,” continues Marie Barbey-Chappuis.
As each district has its own characteristics, each of the City’s 8 municipal police stations will organise a meeting in a local café (see below) on Friday 18 September, between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
At each meeting, two municipal police officers will be present to welcome citizens over a free tea or coffee.
The Municipal Police Force would like to thank the partner establishments for their participation.
Eight municipal police stations, eight encounters
- Les Eaux-Vives police station: Le Grand Café (rue du Vieux-Marché 8, 1207 Genève)
- Champel police station: Boulangerie Pâtisserie Billaudel SA (Plateau de Champel 34, 1206 Genève)
- Les Pâquis police station: Tea-room Rive droite (rue Jean-Charles Amat 26, 1202 Genève)
- Les Grottes police station: café-restaurant Le Quai des Grottes (rue de la Faucille 1, 1201 Genève)
- La Jonction police station: Café Remor (Place du Cirque 3, 1204 Genève)
- Les Acacias police station: Boulangerie Pougnier (rue John-Grasset 10, 1205 Genève)
- Les Charmilles police station: Restaurant Trigal (rue Lamartine 27, 1203 Genève)
- Le Petit-Saconnex police station: Café Tea-room de la Tourelle (Centre commercial de la Tourelle, chemin de la Tourelle 2-4, 1209 Genève)
Article modifié le 16.09.2020 à 15:35