The Street Cleaning – Clean City Service has launched a new, free app for smartphones and tablets, intended for the residents of the City of Geneva. Its aim is to facilitate everyday waste management and sorting.
Simple, but very useful
This new medium allows you to obtain personalised information about waste recycling, according to your address or geolocation. The geolocation is nevertheless not mandatory and no personal data are used or stored. Inhabitants will find information in several different sections:
- When should I take my bins out? This section indicates the days when the bins are emptied in your place of residence.
- Where do I sort my waste? This section displays a map of the city indicating the collection points (eco-points) in the City of Geneva.
- What do I do with bulky objects? This section informs you how to get rid of bulky objects directly online.
- How do I sort my waste? All the types of waste that can be recycled in the City of Geneva are explained.
- News: occasional information on street-cleaning issues is published in this section.
15 tonnes of paper saved
In parallel to this, the traditional 36-page printed version of the street cleaning schedule is no longer published in its usual form, with a four-page A4 pamphlet providing all the necessary information and thereby avoiding the use of over 15 tonnes of paper. The result is a massive reduction in the use of paper – an important gesture aimed at conserving resources and the environment.
Article modifié le 04.12.2019 à 10:07