A new food distribution operation intended for people experiencing terrible hardship will be organised on Saturday 6 June at les Vernets ice rink from 8 am to 1 pm. The figures observed last weekend – 3’284 parcels – demonstrate the far-reaching consequences of the COVID-19 crisis. This is the lase food distribution organised at les Vernets ice rink before a complete reorganisation of these operations.
A new appeal for supply donations has been launched for the Caddies pour tous operation, driven by the Partage Foundation.
Anyone wishing to make a contribution can bring supply donations on Thursday 4 and Friday 5 June between 10 am and 6 pm and on Saturday 6 June from 10 am to 4 pm to the following locations:
- Maison de Quartier de Plainpalais Villa Freundler – passage de Saint-François 4
- Maison de Quartier de Champel – av. Peschier 32
- Maison de Quartier de Vieusseux – Cité Vieusseux 2
- Maison de Quartier de Saint-Jean – ch. François-Furet 8
- Maison de Quartier des Pâquis – rue de Berne 50
- Maison du Quartier de la Jonction – av. de Sainte-Clotilde 18B.
Several of the City of Geneva’s services are heavily involved in this distribution operation launched six weeks ago. In particular, these services coordinate the operation, provide logistical support and organise the socio-health hub.
Respond to an unprecedented emergency situation
On May 30, 3,284 food parcels were distributed, 400 more than the previous week. With the health crisis, thousands of people, including workers without legal status, suddenly experienced terrible hardship These distributions were implemented to respond quickly to food emergency, but also health and social emergencies.
Article modifié le 04.06.2020 à 11:17