“Loving” is the first exhibition of a rich collection of several thousand anonymous photographs on the theme of male love. Presented exclusively at the Musée Rath and on show until 24 September 2023.
A huge bookstore success, “Loving” is now presented exclusively in Geneva by the Art and History Museum at the Musée Rath, with the collaboration of the Hugh Nini and Neal Treadwell collection.
For several years, these two American collectors have found and conserved anonymous photos in which they identify signs of love between men. Friends, brothers, lovers – each picture bears witness to a link, a feeling shared by two people.
Running from 1850 to 1950, this collection marks the history of photography with a message of love and affection. This outstanding presentation includes an intervention by photographer Walter Pfeiffer and the screening of two historic films by Urs Lüthi.
Activities linked to the exhibition
- Thursday 8 June and Thursday 14 September at 6 p.m., Sunday 24 September at 2.30 p.m. – The curator’s view, by Samuel Gross, curator.
- Sunday 17 September at 2.30 p.m. – Love is in the eye of the beholder, by Danaé Panchaud, Director of the Centre de la Photographie in Geneva.
- Sunday 17 September at 3.30 p.m. and 4.30 p.m. – Photos and words, by the actress, Maud Faucherre.
Find all the relevant information on the website of the “Loving” exhibition, open to all, pay what you want, until 24 September 2023.
- Wednesday – Friday 2 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Article modifié le 07.06.2023 à 14:35