The City of Geneva is taking part in the International Day for Older Persons on 1 October 2022. Following a call for projects, a particularly rich and varied programme is proposed in fifteen or so locations around the city of Geneva in collaboration with several associations. In addition, an event is being organised at Cité Seniors from 10 am to 5 pm on the theme of “Gender and Ageing” with experts and participants from all walks of life.
For 1 October 2022, seniors can choose between numerous decentralised activities in the districts and a themed day at Cité Seniors.
Thanks to the creativity of many partner associations, a wealth of activities is taking place on both sides of the river, particularly in the City’s community centres. Taking part is free but, unless indicated otherwise, registration is required.
Left bank highlights
Tempted? Here’s an overview:
- Street artist: an outdoor drawing workshop: Parc Gourgas at 10 am, 1 pm, 3 pm.
- Information on QR codes and their use: Jonction community centre at 10 and 11.30 am.
- Well in mind and body: conferences at the Espace de quartier Champel, starting 2 pm.
- “Plainp-artistes” on show: exhibition and opening: Plainpalais community centre from 3 pm.
There will also be a costume parade by the lake, dance and rhythm workshops, and a photo exhibition.
Right bank highlights
Activities on the other side:
- O P’tit-Sac intergenerational day: Petit-Saconnex retirement home from 9 am.
- Discovering Andalucia: Pâquis community centre from 9 pm.
- Life is ageless: meal and activities rue and place des Grottes from 11 am.
- Intergenerational aroma spiral: Ecole de culture générale Henry-Dunant from 1 pm.
Completing the range of activities are convivial meals, workshops and get-togethers, as well as a Radio Pâquis stand.
At Cité Seniors
In line with the theme of the semester, from 29 September to 1 October Cité Seniors is organising three days on the theme “Living with vulnerabilities”.
The one on 1 October addresses the issue of gender and ageing:
- From 10 am an introduction in the form of a lecture or documentary film;
- At 11.15 am, a discussion chaired by Ninian Hubert Van Blijenburgh, anthropologist;
- At 2 pm, an encounter with Marjorie Horta, LGBT Seniors project manager for the 360º association;
- At 3 pm, assemble in front of Kerim Knight's lens for a photographic portrait.
This event is free and does not require registration. It is also webcast live on the Cité Seniors Genève YouTube channel.
A detailed programme for 1 October is available on the dedicated page, which can be downloaded below.
Everyone is welcome to join in the 1 October celebrations!
Article modifié le 03.10.2022 à 10:18