Amateur or experienced runners have plenty to keep themselves busy this autumn in Geneva. Discover a selection of races held in the city centre or the surrounding countryside offering you the chance to take up a sporting challenge adapted to your level, either individually or in teams, while admiring the scenery.
Nocturne des Evaux
7 October 2021
The Nocturne des Evaux is an original time trial event for teams of 3 or 4 runners, held at night with the aid of helmet lamps. A firm favourite with companies as well as sports clubs and associations, this popular night-time competition is rounded off with a welcome bowl of seasonal soup accompanied by local cheese and wine.
- Distance and course: 5 km in Parc des Evaux
- Registrations: online on the Running Geneva website
Cross pour tous 2021
16 October 2021
1 circuit, 11 categories and 5 races are on the programme of the 4th edition of the Cross Pour Tous and the 26th edition of the Geneva Cross Country Championship. So make your way to Champel for an event full of excitement!
- Distance and course: 1 km circuit, to be completed between one and five times according to your age category.
- Registrations: online or on site up to one hour before the start (supplement of CHF 5)
1 to 30 November 2021
The 2021 edition of the Trans’onésienne will be held outside the city in Parc les Evaux, offering a wide range of categories for athletes of all ages.
- Distance and course: details of the courses will be available soon.
- Registrations: online from 4 October
Geneva Airport 20 km
7 november 2021
Feel like running through the stunning countryside around Geneva with views over the Jura and Mont Blanc, before finishing in style on the shores of Lake Geneva? Then check in for the Geneva Airport 20 km!
- Distances and course: 20 km solo or duo, 10 km solo or duo, 10 km walk, Nordic walking and team challenge over different distances. All the courses can be found on the website of the event
- Registrations: online
The Palexpo 10 km
13 November 2021
The only indoor relay in western Switzerland, the Palexpo 10 km is a race for teams of two (mixed or not) held during les Automnales, in the exhibition halls that are still closed to the public.
- Distance and course: 10 km in teams of two (5 km each)
- Registrations: online on the MSO website
20 and 21 November 2021
For the past 23 years, this race has offered the residents of Meyrin and the surrounding area the chance to discover the rural landscape around Meyrin and to enjoy the view over the Jura as they run. There are several courses suitable for all ages and levels.
- Distance and course: from 700 m to 10.4 km, depending on the categories, following different routes
- Registrations: online on the Meyrin Run website, from 11 October
Infrastructures in the City of Geneva
There are several outdoor courses in Geneva designed running:
- Vessy sports centre
- Les Evaux sports centre
- Centre sportif du Bois-des-Frères
- Bout-du-Monde sports centre
- Richemont stadium
Timmy: a connected sport app
Since the spring of 2019, the City of Geneva’s sports department has offered the general public the chance to take on “Timmy”. Behind this name lies a permanent timekeeping app installed at the Bout-du-Monde sports centre, available for download free of charge via Google Play and Apple Store.
Article modifié le 11.10.2021 à 09:49