The Sports Service is organising almost 120 classes run by professional coaches for a sporting summer. The opportunity to discover a sport or hone your skills during the holidays!
This year, three main activity areas have been developed with classes intended specifically for girls, water-based classes (to combat the risks of heatwaves) and half-day or full-day classes to help parents organise their time.
New activities are also available such as climbing, women’s rugby, cross-fit, free rides on the lake and J70 dinghy sailing.
From badminton through sailing, field hockey, tennis or football camps to archery, there’ll be something to suit every taste. For young people, these sports camps are a place where they can share experiences and learn the meaning of team spirit, perseverance and the pleasure of playing.
For every budget
Summer is the ideal time to enjoy sports and recreational activities. To enable young people aged 4 to 17 to do sport during the holidays, the City of Geneva has developed a wide range of classes. These activities allow anyone and everyone to discover and try their hand at a sporting discipline or to hone their skills while benefiting from a price that is affordable for every budget. They are open to all young people interested in accordance with the given age restrictions and subject to availability.
Each class lasts one week. The coaching of each discipline is adapted to the age of the participants and designed so that they can incorporate the technical aspects without neglecting the fun side. The Sports Service offers a wide choice of activities to meet the different needs of the children and families and regularly conducts surveys to improve the offer.
The online registration system and the method of payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard) and Postcard is quick and simple. It is appreciated by all users. The process to be followed is provided to create a family account and with regard to the registration and payment conditions.
Within the range of summer classes, it is possible to choose immersion in a specific discipline or to opt for camps combining several activities. The multi-gym camp provides an opportunity to discover numerous facets of gymnastics (artistic, rhythmic and acrobatic), while the multi-sport camp offers guaranteed fun with the chance to discover basketball, frisbee, softball and disc-golf. During the nautical camps, children will explore the shores of Lake Geneva. In canoes and kayaks and on stand-up paddle boards, they will learn about the local flora and fauna while discovering the pleasures of navigation.
Key figures for summer sports classes 2023
- Almost 2,000 places available.
- Almost 120 different sessions (for week-long courses/camps) from 3 July to 18 August 2023.
- A total of 39 activities, including 5 new activities and 8 women’s sports.
List of sports available
- Rowing (including one session exclusively for girls)
- Beach volleyball
- Multi-gym camp
- Multi-sport camp
- Multi-contact sport camp (including one session exclusively for girls)
- Nautical camp
- Trampoline and juggling camp
- Yoga, stand-up paddle and well-being camp (exclusively for girls)
- Football (including one session exclusively for girls)
- Free rides on the lake (wing, windsurfing, foil, stand up paddle)
- Field hockey (including one session exclusively for girls)
- Kayak et canoe
- Artistic swimming (mixed classes)
- Netball (exclusively for girls)
- Windsurfing (including one session exclusively for girls)
- Rugby (exclusively for girls)
- Stand-up paddle
- Table tennis
- Advanced tennis
- Mini tennis
- J70 sailing
- Mountain biking
- Water polo
Article modifié le 03.05.2023 à 14:09