Since 2016, the City of Geneva’s G’innove programme has funded societal innovations within its territory fostering urban sustainability. The next deadline for submitting a project is 7 December 2020.
G'innove is a programme launched in March 2016 with a view to encouraging societal innovation. The aim of the programme is to provide financial support for innovative projects of public interest which improve local quality of life and reflect the sustainable development priorities of the City of Geneva.
From March 2016 to September 2020, 196 financing requests were submitted to G’innove and 62 projects or mandates were granted funding (32% of the total). The sums awarded varied from CHF 250 to CHF 80,000, in most cases totalling between CHF 10,000 and 30,000. Of the 23 projects awarded funding in 2020:
11 are already operational or are close to completion. Most of them contribute to the ecological transition of our territory, such as:
- the Manufacture collaborative, which includes la Manivelle object library;
- the Artisans à vélo;
- the ateliers Zéro déchet;
- the academic agendas 21 from Actions-Durables;
- and the new form of trade, Equal profit.
Other projects promote personal fulfilment and individual social expression, such as the BØWIE gender projects incubator or the personal administrative management workshops organised by the association Autonomia. Others encourage the emergence of new projects, such as the Open Geneva hackathon festival or the Versus Virus hackathon.
Twelve projects benefiting from support this year are still in the development phase and will come into effect in 2021; these are:
- Logair, a mobile fine particle sensors project designed for bicycles;
- Caroster, a car-sharing app for group activities;
- Itopièces, a service facilitating the reconditioning of second-hand computer parts;
- Eyesmart, a learning centre helping people decipher stereotypes and false images;
- the Scierie mobile des Deux rivières, designed to promote wood cut in Geneva;
- the Podcast factory from the association The Spot, increasing awareness of initiatives in Geneva relating to ecological transition and human rights;
- the “parole de déchet” comic strip from the association Tricrochet, which will support their awareness work in schools;
- the restaurant Vroom!, a future place of employment for deaf people where they can meet people whose hearing is not impaired; and
- Green up!, an app project developed by a teenager with a view to encouraging environmentally-friendly behaviour among their peers.
Finally, the results of three studies on emerging topics, funded via G’innove, will soon be published: urbaconfort by the hepia, focusing on warming in cities and the impact of heat islands on senior citizens, as well as GeFlyLess, exploring the means of reducing reliance on aeroplanes, and Geneva, city of responsible fashion, both conducted by the University of Geneva (Sociology).
Discover the list of all the projects supported since 2016 on the www.geneve.ch/ginnove page.
Next deadline for submitting an application
The next deadline for submitting an application is 7 December 2020 for projects to be launched in spring 2021. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the secretariat of G’innove (@email).
Article modifié le 19.11.2020 à 16:28