L’Asphalte, the summer activities site located at the Pointe de la Jonction, gives urban sports pride of place until 10 September 2023.
With the covered areas of la Jonction freed up by the TPG, the City of Geneva has set up “L’Asphalte”, a temporary sports centre welcoming young and old alike until 10 September under halls 2 and 3.
Sport in all weather
Different sports are organised under halls 2 and 3 of la Jonction, making it possible to play, whatever the weather, thanks to different covered facilities:
- a padel court, a racquet sport half way between tennis and squash that is enjoying considerable popularity in numerous countries, although there are very few courts throughout the Canton of Geneva. Book a padel court online.
- two pickleball courts, a racquet sport that combines elements of tennis, padel, badminton and table tennis. It is played with a racquet and a perforated plastic ball on a badminton court across a tennis net;
- two 3x3 basketball courts, with l'Asphalte boasting the only covered court in the city;
- a 5x5 football court, a sport for which there is currently no indoor pitch with synthetic grass in the City of Geneva;
- a beach volleyball court, with l'Asphalte boasting the only covered court in the city;
- a mini skateboard ramp and a pumptrack circuit, allowing scooters and skateboards to use a secure infrastructure adapted to these sports.
Free access to the facilities
These sports facilities are freely accessible from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. A team of mediators will be on-hand to help. Football court: priority to women's soccer every Tuesday from 4pm to 9pm.
It is possible to book the padel courts online: l'Asphalte online booking system
Sports equipment – in particular padel racquets – can be borrowed on site from a connected locker (BoxUp).
Article modifié le 14.07.2023 à 09:47