For the fifth successive year, the City of Geneva invites you to celebrate the turn of the New Year on the Quai du Mont-Blanc, in a festive and cosmopolitan atmosphere. Organised under the sign of equality and diversity, the programming of the numerous concerts and DJs’ sets throughout the evening has been entrusted to a group of three women. At midnight, the traditional fireworks will light up the bay.
The New Year’s Eve Party will be held from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m., with food and drinks stands positioned in different locations along the Quai du Mont-Blanc.
With everyone welcome, the party promises to be a festive event for locals and visitor alike, boasting a range of cultural and culinary offerings. Brussels, Geneva and London: three stages giving pride of place to artists from these major European cities and lighting up the quays for the New Year.
Three programmers from Geneva present their favourite picks, shaped by their personal ties to the cities in question: from the trap and R’n’B of Brussels to the Afrobeat and voguing of Geneva and the meeting of house and gospel in London. Like mirror balls, the three cities reflect their vibrancy, welcoming in the New Year together.
1. BRUSSELS STAGE – Programmed by Tina Munyaneza
- 9 p.m.: Lyna - smooth R'n'B
- 10 p.m.: Youn Tawbari, Taste et Orlando - Hip hop, trap
- 11 p.m.: Eddy Ape - Hip hop, trap
- 00.15 a.m.: Princess Flor - Urban dancehall, afro
2. GENEVA STAGE – Programmed by Djamila Geymeier
- 9 p.m.: Janeen - Old school hip hop
- 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.: Ka(ra)mi and friends - Afrocaribean vibes
- 00.15 a.m.: Emilie Nana - House 90's
3. LONDON STAGE – Programmed by NATFRMLDN
- 9.30 p.m.: Leila Moon - Raï'n'B, Electronic
- 11.30 p.m.: House Gospel Choir - Classic & Future House/ Gospel
- 1.15 a.m.: Juba - Electronic Africa & African Diaspora
At midnight, the countdown to 2020 will be followed by a firework display offered by the Grand Hotel Kempinski.
The following associations will run the three bars open throughout the evening, bringing their own touch of diversity to the party:
- Geneva Pride 2020
- PVA-Genève and 360° Fever
- l'Association pour la Reconversion Vivante des espaces (ARVe)
To offer revellers an even better taste of these European cities, wide-ranging culinary fare will also be on offer with the following food trucks serving up a selection of Swiss, Belgian and English specialities:
Fête du 31 décembre - Galerie
Cette galerie, associée à cet article, contient 29 photos.
Article modifié le 02.02.2020 à 15:24