This page is also available in Français !

Declaring a departure from Geneva

This procedure enables people leaving Geneva to notify the Cantonal Population and Migrations Bureau of their departure and obtain a certificate of departure.

Encadré de relance

Article associé


⚠ Important information concerning the situation of the new coronavirus: the Civil Registry Office will only handle online requests for birth and death certificates relating to the period since 1 October 2019.
For any other urgent requests for documents and certificates, please send an e-mail to, justifying the urgent nature of the request.
More information on the measures taken by the City of Geneva


Citizens of the Confederation can contact the municipality in which they are resident. The civil registry office is responsible for the City of Geneva.

Foreign nationals or families in which not all members, parents and children, are Swiss must contact the Cantonal Population and Migrations Bureau.


Service de l'état civil

37 Rue de la Mairie




Tél. +41224186650

Fax. +41224186651


Service de l'état civil

Télécharger la vCard

Article modifié le 21.01.2020 à 17:02