This procedure enables you to enrol your child for a form of childcare (crèche, etc.) subsidised by the City of Geneva.
Related articles in Themes
Who is this procedure for?
This procedure is intended for all parents residing in the City of Geneva in accordance with the allocation criteria of the BIPE. Families who do not live in the municipality of Geneva but who work here can nevertheless submit an enrolment application to the BIPE: this will only be processed once the applications of the inhabitants of the City of Geneva have been satisfied.
How to complete this procedure?
If you live in the City of Geneva, you can register your application for enrolment using the online form by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page.
You can also drop in to the Bureau d’information de la Petite Enfance (BIPE), bringing the documents with you.
Directives relating to the enrolment procedure
All applications for enrolment are registered by the BIPE:
- from the 12th week of pregnancy (3 complete months). In the event of enrolment during pregnancy, the parents are required to inform the BIPE of the child’s birth by sending the birth certificate.
The parents undertake to provide all certificates and all documents necessary for their application to be registered, namely:
- certificate of pregnancy if pregnant;
- recent certificate of employment or last pay slip;
- last corporate balance sheet if an independent worker;
- last unemployment benefit statement;
- student card or study certificate for the current academic year.
Only complete applications will be examined.
How will your application be processed?
Once registration has been approved, the BIPE will send you a letter of confirmation.
You must reactivate your application every 6 months, providing the required documents.
If you fail to reactivate your application, it will be cancelled.
Allocation of places
If there are places available, the parents will be contacted directly by the establishment concerned.
An establishment in the district of residence will be given priority in accordance with the allocation criteria defined.
How to complete this procedure: online
Duration of the procedure: 10 minutes
Article modifié le 13.02.2020 à 15:43