This page is also available in Français !

Obtaining a declaration of residence

This procedure enables you to obtain a declaration of residence from the Cantonal Population and Migrations Bureau. This document serves to legitimise temporary residence in another canton.

Encadré de relance

Associated article

Important information with regard to the situation of the new coronavirus: online procedures suspended.
Only urgent requests will be handled by the civil registry office. For urgent requests only, you can send an e-mail to @email. More information on the measures taken by the City of Geneva

Citizens of the Confederation can contact the municipality in which they are resident. The civil registry office is responsible for the City of Geneva.

Foreign nationals or families in which not all members, parents and children, are Swiss must contact the Cantonal Population and Migrations Bureau.


Service de l'état civil

37 Rue de la Mairie




Tél. +41224186650

Fax. +41224186651


Service de l'état civil

Télécharger la vCard

Article modifié le 06.03.2020 à 13:10