Do you live or work in Geneva? Why not take part in a one-month challenge with others, from 16 September to 16 October 2021, to learn how to eat less meat and more products from the region of Geneva.
Eating is part of our daily life. We eat to fill up on energy, treat ourselves or share a convivial moment with others. A gathering around a meal is one of life’s celebrations and combines numerous values and expectations. Transforming our culinary habits and traditions can therefore raise numerous questions... The success of a meal is often judged on the quality and diversity of the ingredients, and exotic foods are often actively incorporated and have even become the norm.
We nevertheless know that what we eat has an impact on our health and the health of the environment, but it is not always easy for individuals to find solutions to these major questions on their own.
The food challenge
This food challenge will provide you with:
more solutions, skills, resources, creativity and pleasure…
less hassle, hesitation, wasted time and impact on the planet...
A wide range of profiles is desired, with no age restrictions. No particular knowledge is required.
Resources and workshops will be offered by our partners Biovision and Swiss Food Academy Swiss Food Academy to enable you to learn more about the issues of sustainability, local products and how to cook them!
Register via the online form until 13 September.
Information and contacts
A team will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the challenge on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to midday and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., 30 August to 30 October 2021:
- +41 22 379 88 84
- Some good addresses for eating local produce in Geneva
- A sustainable and locally-sourced diet
- Genève Terroir presents the producers from the region of Geneva who sell produce at the farm gate.
- WWF Switzerland: meat and dairy produce: this page explains the impact of the types of food on the environment, suggests alternatives to milk and indicates which labels are recommended for anyone who wants to eat animal products. Food guides and tips for a more sustainable lifestyle are also provided.
- Sustainable food forum 2021: with the third edition to be held in October 2021, this event brings together citizens, farmers, stakeholders in the sustainable food sector, associations and the population of Geneva to discuss what we put on our plates and more generally our relationship to food.
- Geneva City of Taste: named “City of Taste” in 2021, Geneva organises a rich programme of events focussing on educating people’s palates, universal access to healthy and high-quality food and the link between food and its impact on the climate.
- The City of Geneva’s programme for “Feed the city”: promoting local products, “healthy eating” and urban agriculture
- UNIGE: summary of a research project on healthy and sustainable food in Switzerland
- The smart cooking page on the website of the State of Geneva suggests seasonal recipes using locally-sourced produce;
Informations et recherches
- WWF Suisse: viande et produits laitiers: cette page explique l'impact des types d'alimentation sur l'environnement, propose des alternatives au lait, et indique quels labels sont recommandés pour celles et ceux qui désirent consommer des produits d'origine animale. Des guides alimentaires et des astuces pour un mode de vie plus durable sont également proposées.
- UNIGE: Synthèse d'un projet de recherche sur l'alimentation saine et durable en Suisse
Suggestions de recettes
- La page Cuisinez malin du site web de l'Etat de Genève propose des recettes par saison, à base de produits locaux.
Article modifié le 07.03.2022 à 16:03