In the city of Geneva, places in early childcare structures are allocated according to criteria which are identical for everyone.
The City of Geneva has deployed an intensive childcare development policy for a number of years. Despite these efforts, the demand for places remains higher than the available supply. In order to ensure equal treatment in the allocation process, priorities must be established. The need for childcare is assessed for each request according to the same rules.
Allocation criteria for places
In order of priority, the subsidised childcare structures accept children whose parents:
- live in the district in which the structure is located;
- live in the City of Geneva;
- work in the City of Geneva without living here (once the requests of the inhabitants of Geneva have been satisfied).
The address will be checked by the BIPE with the cantonal population and migrations office.
Allocation of places also depends on the following criteria:
- simultaneous presence of a sibling of the child in the structure (only for children living in the City of Geneva);
- length of time since the request was submitted, on condition that it has been reactivated on a regular basis;
- professional, social and family situation of the parents;
- correspondence between the availability of the structure and the parents’ request.
Throughout the year, each placed freed is filled.
Article modifié le 25.09.2020 à 17:05