This page is also available in Français !

Parental authority

Married parents have joint parental authority. In the event of divorce, the court rules on parental authority.

When an unmarried couple recognises a common child, the parents can submit a declaration of joint parental authority to the civil registrar at the same time as the father recognises his child.

In Geneva, if the request for joint parental authority is not submitted at the time of recognition, unmarried parents can contact the Tribunal de protection de l’adulte et de l’enfant request parental authority jointly.

Article modifié le 13.12.2021 à 17:50