This page provides useful information concerning sorting and recycling paper and cardboard in Geneva. An interactive map indicates the collection days in your district.
Refuse collection via the door-to-door service and at the ecopoints is maintained in full and remains a key priority.
Similarly, cleaning of public areas is partially maintained, with approximately 50 percent of the personnel working in the field. Priority is given to emptying bins in the streets and cleaning the ecopoints.
The following types of paper waste can be recovered:
- old paper;
- envelopes (including with window).
This waste should be disposed of:
- in plastic containers with wheels (maximum volume of 800 litres) provided by your management or owner;
- if there is no container, tied together with string or in a transparent bag left in front of the building between 5 a.m. and 6.30 a.m. on collection day;
- at an eco-point equipped with a paper/cardboard skip.
Paper containers must be put out by the building management service between 5 a.m. and 6.30 a.m. on collection day.
What is the collection day for your paper and cardboard?
Since 1 January 2015, the street cleaning – clean city department has collected paper and cardboard per sector:
- city centre sector: Wednesday
- sector A (Eaux-Vives): Monday
- sector B (Petit-Saconnex): Tuesday
- sector C (Malagnou / Acacias): Thursday
- sector D (Vieusseux-Charmilles): Friday
Collection does not take place on the following public holidays:
- Good Friday and Easter Monday;
- Ascension Thursday;
- Whit Monday;
- National Day on 1 August;
- Jeûne genevois;
- 25 December 2020;
- 1 January 2021.
Collections will not be postponed (except in exceptional cases mentioned above).
To find out the collection day for your paper and cardboard according to your address, use the following options below:
1. a search field;
2. an interactive map.
The following types of paper waste cannot be recovered:
- soiled cardboard packaging;
- paper handkerchiefs;
- dirty tablecloths;
- milk or fruit juice cartons;
- used paper serviettes.
Article modifié le 11.05.2020 à 14:29