Every summer, the City of Geneva provides the public with free deckchairs in the city’s parks. It also organises a number of convivial social activities.
During the summer, hundreds of deck chairs are made available to the public in several parks around the city.
Offering a perfect means of relaxing, this operation offers local inhabitants the opportunity to meet one another, develops intergenerational ties and supports the integration of young people in the districts.
Where to find deckchairs?
Deckchairs provided by the City
You can borrow deckchairs every day from 1 July to 25 August 2019 in the following locations:
- Parc Bertrand (from 1 July to 25 August, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.);
- Parc Trembley (from 1 July to 25 August, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.);
- Parc Beaulieu (from 1 July to 25 August, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.);
- Parc des Franchises (from 1 July to 25 August, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.);
- Parc des Bastions (from 1 July to 25 August, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.);
- Cité Jonction - square du Vélodrome (from 1 July to 25 August, 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.);
- Quai Gustave-Ador (from 1 July to 25 August, 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. and weekends until 15 September)
- Parc La Grange (from 29 July to 25 August, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.);
- Place Chateaubriand -Wils'ô (Saturday 20 and 27 July and 10 and 17 August, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.).
Deckchairs provided by the community centres and inhabitants’ associations
Some community centres and inhabitants’ associations also provide deckchairs and organise events in the parks:
- Parc des Acacias (association pour l'animation des Acacias);
- Parc des Chaumettes (Plainpalais community centre)
- Parc Gourgas and Parc de la Baleine (La Jonction community centre and association 60X60);
- Parc Bertrand (association Champel s'éveille)
- Pointe de la Jonction (association ARVe).
For more information, please contact the community centres or the associations concerned.
L'union fait le jeu
A range of activities and games are organised in the parks by young girls supervised by the social outreach workers of the youth service.
Times and places for summer 2019 indicated in the flyer available for download at the bottom of the page.
- Parc Bertrand (Thursdays from 1 July to 25 August, 6 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.);
- Parc Trembley (Tuesdays from 1 July to 25 August, 6 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.);
- Parc Beaulieu (Thursdays from 1 July to 25 August, 6 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.);
- Quai Gustave-Ador (Wednesdays from 1 July to 25 August, 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
Little Lions & Friends concert at:
- Parc Trembley (Tuesday 2 and 16 July from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
- Parc Beaulieu (Thursday 4 and 18 July from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
- Parc Bertrand (Wednesday 10 July from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
- Quai Gustave-Ador (Wednesday 24 July from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
In addition to the provision of deckchairs, a number of activities are organised:
- free distribution of apples;
- livres nomades: the aim of this campaign is to offer the public second-hand books. The books are handed on between readers and are collected again at specific points;
- Urban golf course stretching 4 km;
- Itinerant games libraries.
Discover the full programme of summer activities in the parks on the Summer in the districts of Geneva page
Youth at work
The deckchairs are managed by young people under the supervision of the Youth Service. They are also tasked with providing people with information, keeping the deckchair areas clean and helping with a range of events.
Article modifié le 24.02.2020 à 16:59