On the back of two editions that were a resounding success, the Municipal Police Service of the City of Geneva will renew its “Coffee with a police officer” operation on Friday 30 September, between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., in eight of the city’s districts: Acacias, Champel, Charmilles, Eaux-Vives, Grottes, Jonction, Pâquis, Petit-Saconnex.
The aim remains the same: to open dialogue with the local inhabitants concerning their security needs, to ask questions and talk about the different missions of the municipal police or just to foster relationships founded on trust.
For the third time, the Municipal Police Service of the City of Geneva is inviting the inhabitants to share a tea of coffee. The aim is to test the water in the different districts through informal dialogue in a pleasant setting, breaking down certain prejudices along the way.
These discussions also provide an opportunity to present the issues of public safety by exploring the daily tasks of municipal police offers, such as preventing harassment in the street, handling local residents’ requests, ensuring a presence in and around the districts and resolving security issues.
The first two editions showed that this type of relaxed encounter, in a focal point of community life, fosters dialogue between the public and the police. “The municipal police plays a key role in ensuring security in the different neighbourhoods, be it for local residents, businesses or associations,” stresses the Mayor of Geneva Marie Barbey-Chappuis, Executive Councillor responsible for the Department of Security and Sport.
“These encounters help make the officers an integral part of their community while reminding the inhabitants that we are there to serve them,” continues Christine Camp, Chief of the Municipal police.
These discussions are also intended make the public more aware and inform them about security-related matters which either recur on a regular basis or are specific to a particular district, such as littering, noise, road safety and safety near schools, etc.
Eight municipal police stations, eight encounters: Friday 30 September, between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.:
- Les Acacias police station: Boulangerie A. Pougnier (rue John-Grasset 10, 1205 Genève)
- Champel police station: Pâtisserie MAGE (Route de Malagnou 52, 1208 Genève)
- Les Charmilles police station: Restaurant Délices Parc (Rue des Délices 4, 1203 Genève)
- Les Eaux-Vives police station: Tea-room Arn (Place de Bourg-De-Four 12, 1204 Genève)
- Les Grottes police station: Crêperie Le Nant des Grottes (Rue des Grottes 7, 1201 Genève)
- La Jonction police station: Café des Forces-Motrices (Rue de la Coulouvrenière 15, 1204 Genève)
- Les Pâquis police station: Tea-room Amat (rue Jean-Charles Amat 6, 1202 Genève)
- Le Petit-Saconnex police station: Restaurant La Colombe (Chemin des Colombettes 11; 1202 Genève.
Article modifié le 22.09.2022 à 15:53