Close to the lake, Geneva is an ideal location for swimming and water sports, thanks to the large number of indoor and open-air public pools.
Some important information:
- Sports facilities: all the City’s sports facilities are currently closed.
- Sports services (subscriptions, classes, activities, etc.): the Sports Service is currently examining the different options available (suspension, reimbursement, etc.) concerning subscriptions, which will be announced as quickly as possible.
- News: support measures for sporting sphere to be consulted online.
- Contact: the Sports Service can be contacted by e-mail at @email
The improved health situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic means that a staggered return to normal can be envisaged. Within the framework of the measures determined by the federal authorities, the City of Geneva is organising a gradual reopening of its cultural infrastructures and sporting facilities to the public from 11 May 2020.
Team sports are not allowed until June 8.
Of the 18 public swimming pools in the Canton of Geneva, six are operated by the City of Geneva. In addition to the two main public swimming pools in Les Vernets and Varembé, both of which have open-air pools, there are four community pools which are primarily used by the numerous water sports clubs in Geneva.
The opening times vary according to the events organised there. The opening times are indicated in the monthly schedule available for download at the bottom of the page.
Admission and membership rates
Several types of admission are available as required:
- individual admissions (adults, concessions);
- group admissions;
- club admissions;
- season passes;
Individual admission to community pools is free.
Holders of the 20ans/20francs card benefit from reductions on admission to the Varembé and Les Vernets swimming pools.
The full list of rates is available for download below.
By reservation, for Geneva’s primary schools and orientation cycles, post-mandatory secondary education schools, the GIAP, the medico-pedagogical centre, the Saint-Gervais and Conches pre-vocational training schools and other schools making reservations via coordination for physical education and sport in the state of Geneva: free.
By reservation, for private schools, schools in the canton of Vaud, French schools and social, pedagogical and educational institutions: CHF 1 per admission.
Article modifié le 11.05.2020 à 16:35