1 October is the date chosen by the UN to celebrate the International Day of Older Persons. Following a call for projects, a particularly rich and varied programme is proposed in several locations around the City of Geneva in collaboration with different associations.
Since 2010, the City of Geneva has decided to mark this annual happening by organising a series of local events around the neighbourhoods. Thanks to the creativity of many partner associations, numerous activities are taking place on both shores on 1 October, particularly in the city’s community centres and at Cité Seniors.
Participation is free. Please note, reservations are required for certain activities.
An activities programme open to all
An overview of this day filled with events focussing on inter-generational relationships, cultural discovery and social information:
- Participants can chat to the Association Camarada and migrant women, at 9 a.m. at the Soubeyran community centre; rue Soubeyran 10, by reservation
- Screening of the film “Quand tu seras grand”, from 10 a.m. At the Cinéma Nord-Sud; rue de la Servette 78; no reservation required
- “Aux Grottes l’âge on s’en fiche”: a dance performance followed by a meal (reservation required), a tea dance and a silent party, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Place des Grottes
- Senior citizens, wealth and diversity from 11.30 a.m. with the Association Léman-Togo, at the Sécheron community centre; rue Anne-Torcapel 2, no reservation required
- Photo exhibition “Heureusement que tu es là!”, organised by the “1h par m2” programme. Portraits of Niels Ackermann: when senior citizens and students live together, from 11.30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Sécheron community centre; rue Anne-Torcapel 2, no reservation required
- Meal and bingo, organised by the Association le Terreau, meal at midday, bingo at 2 p.m., Pâquis community centre, rue Jean-Charles Amat 6, no reservation required
- Visit to the Cimetière des Rois in simple and amusing danced steps, from 2 p.m. At the Cimetière des Rois, rue des Rois 10; no reservation required
- “Laisse ta trace dans le quartier !”; invitation the creation of an outdoor fresco, organised by the Mottatom federation from 2 p.m., avenue Giuseppe Motta 20; no reservation required
- Malkovsky free dance workshop, from 3 p.m. at the St Jean Taï Chi room, avenue des Tilleuls 15, building F, by reservation.
At Cité Seniors
Cité Seniors is organising a Canadian buffet to mark this International Day of Older Persons as well as a magical grand ball with the Fanfare du Loup. Come along and swing, move and tap your feet to the beat!
A detailed programme for 1 October is available on the dedicated page and can be downloaded below.
Everyone is welcome to join in the 1 October celebrations!
Article modifié le 23.11.2023 à 10:31