Not only in gardens but also on balconies and patios, urban gardening is currently very popular. It is possible to experiment with new varieties by purchasing local seeds or organic seedlings, with many varieties dating back many years. Where to find seedlings and advice?
Organic seedlings, from old and/or local varieties, can be found at the seedling market, at the Beaulieu Market (Serres du parc de Beaulieu, Rue Baulacre 3) or at the Belle-Idée Market (Serres de Belle-Idée, Chemin du Petit-Bel-Air 2), from April 13 to June 4, 2022. These markets are open on Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In addition, several occasional markets and festivals are organized around the orderlies:
- Artichoke Saturday: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Tomato Festival: Saturday May 14, 2022
- Seed market at the Budé Farm: Saturday May 7, 2022
- Galiffe plant and flower market: Saturday May 7, 2022
How to obtain your own seedlings
Courses on seeds and seedlings (Pro Specie Rara)
- Introduction to permaculture weekend: 14 and 15 May, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Jardin La Pralette, 5 ch. de la Petite-Pralette, 1232 Confignon (GE)
More information on the ProSpecieRara website.
Gardening and vegetable garden lessons (Les Sauvages association)
- Intuitive gardening workshop - Cultivation plan and plantations: Saturday May 14, 2022, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Potager de la Petite-Boissière, promenade Charles-Martin, 1208 Geneva
- Intuitive gardening workshop - Maintenance and watering: Saturday June 11, 2022 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Potager de la Petite-Boissière, promenade Charles-Martin, 1208 Geneva
Advice and other information on urban gardening
- Urban kitchen gardens
- Genève cultive
- Advice from the Service des espaces verts for gardening at home
No pot for the trash!
What to do with gardening pots? The action «Pas d'pot pour la poubelle» is an awareness-raising action on the waste of plastic.
This action, launched by Madame Pepperpote and Les Défricheuses, aims to highlight the immense opportunity we have to reduce plastic pollution. And this by reusing, upgrading or even better, avoiding plastic garden pots. Bring your plastic garden pots to collection points until May 6.
The culmination of the action will take place on May 7 at the Galiffe Plant and Flower Market with happening and activities for children around the pot!
Article modifié le 03.05.2022 à 09:25