This procedure enables inhabitants of the City of Geneva to obtain an official control mark for a dog.
Associated article in Themes
All dogs in Geneva must wear an official control mark for the current year, attached visibly to their collar.
Where can control marks be obtained?
For inhabitants of the City of Geneva, control marks can be obtained from any municipal police station or from the Office of Security and Public Space.
- Champel municipal police bureau;
- Petit-Saconnex municipal police bureau;
- La Jonction municipal police station;
- Les Acacias municipal police station;
- Les Charmilles municipal police station;
- Les Eaux-Vives municipal police station;
- Les Grottes municipal police station;
- Les Pâquis municipal police station.
Which documents must be provided?
The following documents must be provided:
- confirmation of registration of the dog in the AMICUS database (electronic chip);
- certificate of civil liability insurance specific to “dog owners";
- certificate of vaccination, including mandatory rabies vaccine with valid vaccine protection. The DEFENSOR 3, RABDOMUN, RABISIN and NOBIVAC RABIES vaccines are valid for 3 years;
- lessons are no longer obligatory but are nevertheless recommended for any person who has acquired a new dog, except for large dogs (TMC test);
- for people with large dogs, certificates of attendance for theory and practice classes or justification of exemption provided by the Office of Veterinary Consumption and Affairs (SCAV);
- the owner’s identity document.
The dog must carry a tag on its collar indicating the name, address and telephone number of the owner.
What to do if a document is missing?
You can obtain the mark even if a document is missing. The mark will be given to you at the municipal police station, but you must send the missing documents to the Office of Veterinary Consumption and Affairs (SCAV). The SCAV will send you a letter to this effect.
How much does it cost?
The SCAV sends the information relating to dog owners within the canton to the cantonal tax authority (AFC). The AFC then prepares the tax dockets and notifies the dog owners of these by letter during the month of June.
In this way, the tax is no longer tied to the provision of the official control mark. The General Treasury of the State no longer issues the official control mark.
The prices remain unchanged. For dog owners residing in the City of Geneva, the amounts are as follows:
- CHF 107 for the first dog;
- CHF 147 for the second dog;
- CHF 207 from the third dog.
These amounts are accompanied by taxes, i.e. CHF 1 for the insurance against damage caused by stray dogs (unknown owner) and CHF 4 for the cantonal epizootic fund.
Article modifié le 25.09.2020 à 17:05