Geneva's only mausoleum, made entirely of Carrara marble and Verona stone, this monument celebrates the memory of the Duke of Brunswick, the city's (unexpected) benefactor. Situated opposite the Jet d'Eau in the Jardin des Alpes, it enjoys an exceptional location.
This monument was built in 1879 in memory of the Duke of Brunswick, who had died a few years earlier, bequeathing his entire fortune to the City of Geneva.
On either side of the entrance to the Jardin des Alpes, two stone lions stand guard. The sloping terrace leading to the monument is carpeted with flowers. Behind it stretches an area of greenery planted with trees surrounding a rectangular pool and a small pavilion.
Article modifié le 10.08.2023 à 09:50