Music, shows, dance, exhibitions, festivals: in Geneva, there is a wide-ranging cultural offer and numerous programmes specifically devoted to young people. The City of Geneva proposes a series of measures facilitating access to culture for a young audience.
Young people are at the heart of the municipal libraries project. Each library in the network contains a “youth” section with a constantly updated catalogue for book-lending purposes. The services available to young people in the different libraries of the City’s network are accompanied by those provided by the 4 bibliobuses which travel around the canton every day, stopping at almost 40 different points. Furthermore, a cultural offering adapted to young children and their families is organised throughout the year, in both traditional and less traditional performance sites. Equipped with a mobile library since 2015, the municipal libraries can also visit the public wherever they go out, play and meet.
- Musée Ariana: the public reception service at the Musée Ariana organises regular activities with young people and families including visits, discovery trails, workshops or story-telling sessions.
- Botanical Conservatory and Gardens of Geneva: workshops, visits and meetings for young people are at the heart of the mission and project developed by the CJBG throughout the year.
- Museum of Art and History: the young public and family programme at the Museum of Art and History runs throughout the year and includes visits, workshops, meetings and shows – there is something for every age, every taste and every interest.
- Museum of Ethnography of Geneva: throughout the year, the activities programme at the MEG gives pride of place to children, whether they are accompanied or on their own.
- Natural History Museum: the museum is a record breaker when it comes to visits by children, even the very youngest. These young visitors can enjoy an activities programme all year round organised specially for them.
“20 ans/20 francs” card
Intended for young people aged 0 to 20 and resident in the Canton of Geneva or the city of Annemasse, the 20 ans/20 francs card offers preferential rates even lower than the “youth price” in more than 70 cultural venues in Geneva, or even free admission, as in all the museums of the City of Geneva. Purchased just once for the price of 20 francs, it is personal and non-transferable and remains valid until the day before the holder’s 21st birthday.
The City of Geneva allows holders of the 20 ans/20 francs card to benefit from preferential rates in its sports facilities.
Young people under the age of twenty as well as older students who can produce proof of their enrolment benefit from reduced rates offered by the organisers of cultural events, thanks to the “access to culture” credit. This credit is jointly funded by the intercommunal fund of the association of Geneva municipalities, the Republic and Canton of Geneva and the City of Geneva.
Organisers, programmers, schools, associations… Below, you will find a list of organisations offering activities linked to the discovery of cultural for young people.
- Am Stram Gram : Entertainment intended for a broad public of children, teenagers and adults;
- Association suisse du théâtre pour l'enfance et la jeunesse: Modern-day plays for children and teenagers throughout Switzerland;
- Creative workshops at the Centre d’art contemporain Genève: Creative workshops for children, Family & Kids Factory Firmenich;
- Green workshops at the Conservatory and Botanical Garden: Introduction to the world of plants and their conservation, green workshops;
- Au Chien bleu: Book store reserved for children, offering a range of different activities;
- Bibliothèques: Full programme of activities proposed by the City of Geneva’s libraries;
- Cinema commission: Website indicating ages of admission at the cinema;
- Grand Théâtre de Genève: «La Plage»
- Les créAteliers: Classes and courses relating to expression in the plastic arts and crafts;
- La Croisée des cultures: Dance and music from around the world, courses for young participants in early July;
- The Red Cross: Storytelling sessions for children. Select “diary”;
- Fondation genevoise pour l'animation socioculturelle: Activities proposed by leisure centres, meeting forums, community centres, the Robinson gardens and adventure playgrounds;
- Théâtre Forum Meyrin: Programme of shows and exhibitions for a young public (“family” filter);
- HappyKid: Cultural offering in Geneva for children and their families;
- La Lanterne magique: Cinema club for children;
- Marionnettes de Genève: Marionnettes de Genève puppets programme;
- Museum of Ethnography: Activities programme for young people, proposed by the Museum of Ethnography;
- Museums of Art and History of the City of Geneva: Public homepage, then “young public”;
- Natural History Museum: Select “Schools” under “Cultural mediation” on the homepage;
- OSR: Select the young public section on the homepage;
- Migros Cultural Service: Programme of shows intended for a young public;
- Youth Leisure Activities Department: Website of the Department of Public Education: holiday centres, Wednesday activities, etc.;
- Zamis: Zamis website of the OSR.
- Catalyse Junior: Expression workshop for young people aged 3 to 17
- Conservatoire de musique de Genève: Music school
- Conservatoire populaire de musique, danse et théâtre: Music school
- Migros school-club: Education and leisure activities
- Private music schools: Consortium of private music schools in Geneva
- L’Artquarium: Painting school
- L'Espace Musical: L'Espace Musical offers children the chance to discover music from an early age
- ETM: Modern-day technologies and music school
- Institut Jaques-Dalcroze: Rhythm and music
- La Bulle d'Air: Early-learning music and art workshops for children
- Savoir et Bien-être: Introduction to music
Article modifié le 27.10.2020 à 08:30